SiteSales Property Group and Regenta Development are dedicated to ensuring that the privacy of our clients and customers is protected and our use of your personal information is governed by this Privacy Notice.
Our use of your personal data will be governed by this Privacy Notice.
SiteSales Property Group is the controller of personal information it collects and uses. We will treat your personal information as strictly confidential and in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
This Privacy Notice explains:
- Personal information: how it is collected; how it is used and processed; how it is shared, stored and secured and how long it is kept for
- The types of personal data we collect
- The legal basis for processing your personal information
- The information provided to us about you by third parties
- Your rights in relation to your personal information
- How to make contact should an issue arise
If there are any changes to the way we use this information, our Privacy Notice will be updated.
2. What is personal information?
Personal information includes information such as name, contact details, date of birth, bank account details or any information about your needs or circumstances which would allow us to identify you.
Special categories of personal information include racial or ethnic origin, health and religious beliefs, political opinions and sexual orientation. This information is more sensitive and therefore further justifications are needed for collecting, storing and using this type of data. There are also additional restrictions on the circumstances in which we are permitted to collect and use for criminal conviction data.
Any references to personal information within this notice will include personal data, and less frequently- special categories of personal data.
3. What personal information do we collect?
From any form of engagement – by telephone, email or on our website registration form, we will collect your full name and contact details (such as phone number, email address and postal address).
In addition, if we are providing a service to you, or on your behalf, we will collect information relating to your identity, this will be at least one form of photographic identification and one form of documentation with proof of residence. We are required to do so by law. If you are looking to rent a property, we will also require bank details to allow us to manage an approved tenancy deposit account for you and to set up your rental payments.
4. How we use your personal information
We may send marketing communications through email or other such methods to the contact details that you have provided to us whilst enquiring, this is to keep our customers and clients up to date with our latest products and services.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, identify the tick boxes to indicate which method of communication you would prefer to receive marketing by.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, and since decided that you no longer wish to receive promotional information from us you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at email@example.com or calling us on 020 8502 5758 to amend your preferences.
5. What is the legal basis of our data processing?
Under data protection legislation we are only permitted to use your personal information if we have a legal basis for doing so. We rely on the following:
- For employment-related purposes
- Where we need information to complete the contract we have entered in to with you
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation
- Where the processing is necessary for us to carry out activities for which it is in SiteSales legitimate interests (or those of a third party) to do so. Provided that your interest and fundamental rights do not override those interests, including:
- Processing that is necessary to improve our knowledge of the real estate sector and anything that includes undertaking market analysis or research so that we better understand trends in the market. This will also include, but not be limited to, processing that is necessary for us to promote our business, its brands, products and campaign effectiveness. Such services are provided if you have confirmed that you are happy for us to do so and can be opted out of at any time.
- Processing that is necessary in the operation of administrative and technical aspects of the business. Including, but not limited to, verifying the accuracy of information that we hold on file; processing for network and security purposes and any steps that we may take to protect information against loss, damage, theft or unauthorised access.
In more limited circumstances, we may also rely on where we need to protect the interests of you and where it is needed in the public interest/for official purposes.
We may process special categories of personal information and criminal conviction information but only with explicit consent, in which case we will explain the purpose upon obtaining the information from you.
6. How we use your personal information
Your information will be stored in a third-party CRM database which is protected under the EU-US Privacy Shield.
For specifics on how we use personal information for the services you have requested from us, please see the below.
Buy and Rent
- We use personal information for the purposes of fulfilling our obligations to you for the purposes of arranging a contract for sale or a lease.
- If you are purchasing a property through us, we will share your personal information with your appointed solicitors and the solicitors acting for the other side as is necessary to facilitate the same.
- If you are renting a property through us, we will share your personal data with third party referencing agencies for the purposes of the prevention and detection of crime, fraud and/or money laundering. This will check the suitability to rent the property and will be outlined in any agreement you will sign with SiteSales.
- If we are providing a Customer Care service to you, we may need to pass your personal information over to third party contractors whom we have engaged with to carry out maintenance on the property.
We may pass your personal data to financial advisors in relation to the arrangement of financing to allow you to acquire a property and/or the provision of the following services:
- If you are purchasing a property under the Help to Buy scheme we will disclose information which needs to be provided to the scheme operators to check your eligibility and to allow you to participate in and obtain benefits of the scheme.
- If you are obtaining mortgage brokerage services we will disclose personal information that needs to be submitted to lenders in order to fulfil our obligations to seek funding options to you.
Other uses of your personal information
- The use of third party service providers who process personal information on our behalf to provide services to us.
What happens if you do not provide information that we request?
If you do not provide the information required for these purposes, we will not be obliged to adhere to our contractual obligations. This will be outlined at the point of engagement.
7. How we keep your information secure
The security of information is very important to us and we have measures in place which are designed to prevent unauthorised access to your personal information including but not limited to:
- Files being stored on our secure client management systems. Access is restricted on our client systems to those within the business who are required to have access to that information for legitimate business purposes.
- Hard copy documentation is stored in locked cabinets.
All data is hosted in data centres which have systems and protections in place to protect against both unauthorised access and other external factors that could cause damage to your personal data. Strict access requirements need to be adhered to for these.
8. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, please note that we do not have any control over that website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable.
9. How long do we keep your personal information?
SiteSales Property Group will hold personal information for 2 years on our internal systems. If you want to be removed from our systems, please contact us as soon as possible.
10. Complaints and contact details
If you have any complaints about the way we use your personal information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we receive this email we will resolve the issue as best we can. If we cannot find a resolution, you hold the right to go to the Information Commissioner with your dispute.
You may request details of any personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 as well as the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR). If you would like a copy of this information, please email email@example.com or call us on 020 8502 5758.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will correct this as soon as possible.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie does not give us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.